Thursday, March 15, 2012

Someday, Monthunary 0


I suppose I've been neglecting my blog.  Who'da guessed?

I told myself I wasn't going to use this as a journal-type blog, but I find this leaves me with far fewer things to post about, and thus far fewer posts.  I may have to compromise, which means there may be more of my random thoughts and stances on things.  I think I've taken to requiring myself to include a new picture with every new post, though, so... we'll see if that means more pictures (saying nothing of the quality of those pictures...) or less posts.

In other news, I play pool.  I'm in a 9-ball team on Monday and an 8-ball team on Tuesday in the APA leagues.  I'm ranked fairly low, even though I know I'm capable of far more - I used to play much better.  I just need to get more practice.  To that effect, I think I'll spend a good portion of tomorrow playing pool.  This also affords me the chance to visit a friend of mine who tends bar at my normal practice spot.  It'd be nice to be able to practice at home, but my current living situation needs to change for that to be possible.

Two months isn't a very long time, and in two months, I will be 30 years old.  Just less than two, actually - my 30th birthday happens to fall on Mother's Day this year.  That doesn't bother me, though.  What bothers me is my current situation at the upcoming marker.  I consider 30 to be a fairly significant checkpoint, not because of how much I have aged, but because of how little aging I have left to do.  Ideally I have many years ahead, of course, but the reality of inevitablity seems to make itself more apparent with every day that passes.

My birthdays tend to be accompanied by "resolutions", similar to the kind people would normally make on New Year's.  However, I think my "resolutions" would be more accurately described as short-term tactical maneuvers, because they must be completed by the date, not started on it.  They're also different in that I am usually successful in whatever it is I set out to accomplish.

So, we'll see how this goes.

P.S. About the picture... I set up my tripod, got all set up in the freezing cold and managed to snap two pictures before my battery died, with no backups charged.  Derp.  This is the better of the two pictures, but it didn't take much to be better than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment